Skip to content
- To satisfy the information needs of the users of all age groups by providing effective library services.
- To digitize and preserve old and rare books.
- To provide Library facilities in every village,where the population is more than 1000.
- To provide good infrastructure facilities in libraries.
- To provide quality reading materials viz. books and periodical in the libraries.
- To install modern techniques in libraries to enhance library services.
- The following objectives which relate to information, literacy, education and culture should be at the core of public library services.
- Creating and strengthening reading habits among children at an early age. Supporting both individual self learning and formal education at all levels.
- Providing opportunities for personal creative development.
- Stimulating the imagination and creativity of children and young people.
- Promoting awareness of cultural heritage, appreciation of arts, scientific achievements and innovations.
- Facilitating the development of performing arts.
- Supporting and participating in literacy activities and programmes for all age groups.